Theseis ereunhtwn se image processing sto Aristoteleio
From: Stefanos Sidiropoulos <sidirop@SHASTA.STANFORD.EDU>
OPEN RESEARCH POSITIONS
Digital Image processing/analysis
The Department of Informatics, University of Thessaloniki has
open research positions for 12 months, starting 1/1/96.
The duration can be extended to 3 years or more. The positions
are financed by EC research projects. There is no restriction in
nationality, although preference will be given to Greek citizens.
Proven research experience in relevant topics (digital image
processing), very good knowledge of English and strong interest
in academic research are highly desired. The general topic is
digital image processing and analysis. A indicative list of possible research topics would be the following:
- One position is at postdoc level.
- Two positions are at the level of Diploma of Engineering or
equivalent. The applicant can work towards a PhD degree, while
occupying these positions.
Work on all these topics is currently performed at our group. The
exact topic of the new researcher will match his/her experience
aiming at maximum productivity.
- Face recognition from still and video images.
- Access control in multimedia services and copyright protection.
- 3D image processing/analysis/visualization/modelling. 3D
- Fuzzy image processing
- Color image processing/analysis (nonlinear, use of various
- Motion field processing (smoothing, moving object segmentation)
- Old movie restoration
- Chaotic signal/image processing and analysis
Prospective applicants can send their resume and reference letters by fax or email to
IOANNIS PITAS, PROFESSOR
DEPARTMENT OF INFORMATICS
UNIVERSITY OF THESSALONIKI
THESSALONIKI 54006, PO BOX 451