The European Parliament of the European Union.
embodying the opinion of the European Parliament on the communication from the
Commission of the European Communities to the Council on the negotiations between the
European Economic Community and the Republic of Cyprus for the conclusion of a
Transitional Period to the Association Agreement.
The European Parliament,
- having regard to the communication from the Commission to the Council,
- having been consulted by the Council pursuant to Article 238 of the EEC Treaty (Doc. 1-
- having regard to the report of the Committee on External Economic Relations and the
Opinion of the Committee on Agriculture (Doc. 1-822/79),
- Stresses, given the close links between the Community and the Republic of Cyprus, the
necessity of making concessions to that country in respect of imports of certain agricultural
products into certain Community markets;
- Hopes that the Community will be able to grant further facilities in future in order to
contribute to the economic and social development of the whole island of Cyprus; instructs
the Committee on External Economic Relations to give special attention to ensuring that
these further facilities are granted;
- Approves the Commission's proposal.
[Mirrors||Home||Brief Overview||Detailed History||Constitutional Aspects||Enclaved Greek Cypriots||Missing Persons||Destruction of Cultural Heritage||Violations of Human Rights||Foreign Press Articles||United Nations||European Union||Greek Government||Related Links||Search||Feedback]
Number of accesses since Thu Feb 8 13:44:06 EST 1996:
Giorgos Zacharia (firstname.lastname@example.org) © 1995-1999.
Last modified: Fri Jun 21 10:58:45 EDT 1996