The European Parliament of the European Union.
embodying the opinion of the European Parliament on the proposal from the Council of the
European Communities for a Regulation on the conclusion of the Protocol concerning the
arrangements to be applied during 1981, in the framework of the decision adopted by the
EEC-Cyprus Association Council on 24 November 1980 establishing the process into the
second stage of the Association Agreement between the European Economic Community
and the Republic of Cyprus.
The European Parliament,
- having regard to the proposal from the Council (4535/1/81-CY 1),
- having been consulted by the Council pursuant to Article 238 of the EEC Treaty (Doc. 1-
- aware of the importance of making progress in the Association Agreement between the
European Economic Community and the Republic of Cyprus,
- having regard to the contents of the Council Regulation in question,
- having regard to the report of the Committee on External Economic Relations (Doc. 1-
- Approves the contents of the Council Regulation in question;
- Hopes that the negotiations entered into to establish the trading arrangements applicable
in 1982 and 1983 will be concluded in as short a time as possible so that new trading
arrangements can be introduced on the planned date;
- Gives its approval to the steps which will be taken within the framework of those
negotiations and which are intended to contribute to the acceleration of the economic and
social development of Cyprus.
[Mirrors||Home||Brief Overview||Detailed History||Constitutional Aspects||Enclaved Greek Cypriots||Missing Persons||Destruction of Cultural Heritage||Violations of Human Rights||Foreign Press Articles||United Nations||European Union||Greek Government||Related Links||Search||Feedback]
Number of accesses since Thu Feb 8 13:44:06 EST 1996:
Giorgos Zacharia (email@example.com) © 1995-1999.
Last modified: Fri Jun 21 10:58:45 EDT 1996